Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Route

By Conrad Pierce

Trouble abound, I see you all around.
I sleep to die, I wake to sleep
I want to cry, but I cannot weep.
I pray the lord holds my soul to keep.
I avoid you but you forever creep.
It's hell on earth, so I've been told.
Such a cynical view, but it's the one I hold.
And if not the final fire, it's at least a flame.
The sin is contagious, like a deathly plague.
Nobody listens to reason, it's the reason I beg.
For them to take another route, this path leads to death.
Here I am dyeing and nobody's left to care
No reason to live, my life is a night mare.
Thoughts were as a bulls-eye, now scattered in disarray.
My body aches as if I've lived a life time.
Contrary to how I look, my life is a rhyme.
Other than these pages- I've got little else to show.
Forget what you learned here, and go back to the one you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment