Monday, January 17, 2011

Bridgeport Night Cap- Great winter beer!

Bridgeport Night Cap- Great winter beer!
On a Sunday night with the day off tomorrow thanks to MLK JR (RIP) I was in the mood for a nice beer. To begin the night I had a Black Stout from Bear Brewery which was pretty good- not great but I drank it pretty warm. However to end the night I had a cold Bridgeport beer from Oregon called "Nightcap" something like 33% aged in oak bourbon the rest of it being ale. Of all the winter beers I have had so far this is my favorite, weighing in at 7.2% ABV. The color is very nice, very rich not real dark- a tiny bit cloudy but really quality color. The suds were nice and thick, the beer was very smooth. The flavor is pretty unique, it's got a really nice aftertaste with nearly no bitterness- hard to describe exactly what it is. If it's below 50 degrees and you can find this beer I would highly recommend it.


8.2/10


On another note, had a nice night with my cousin, aunt, mom, dad and a German friend of my cousins. Always nice to have quality time with family, no matter the dysfunction in your family make sure you take the time to realize the ways in which your family is beneficial to your well being (I know, hard to find with a lot of em.) but I know it is there no matter who your family members are. In realizing their impact on your life, give back to them by just spending some time and enjoying some of their qualities. After all that's a cut of your own cloth and by learning about them it helps you learn about your own self as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment