Sunday, April 10, 2011

Box

By Conrad Pierce

Bloody knuckles accompany my hands
like rodeo fans with belt buckles, sitting in the stands.
Bare skin against the leather combined
with the snow which is the weather- makes me bleed.
Eating the cream cheese bagel as I indict my sin-
my feed. Full now as I take a nap can't feel my skin-
fur on the bed over my own to hold in the heat so my own I rap.
Speaker buds in my ears bumping rhythms to hide the rain as it hits the roof.
Woke up this morning with the after effects-
slowing my body down like slow motion tape decks.
Seeing my hands where the cuts are revealed present scars creating former situations
when at night I punched the bag of seeds-
the same as before, different reasons though and now different needs.





Next few days will be poetry, new and old- made by me.
Feedback welcome....

No comments:

Post a Comment